Following the Government’s latest announcement about a national lockdown throughout November, all pubs, clubs and other hospitality venues will have to shut again.
However, following campaigning from many affected groups, including CAMRA, the government have reversed their initial decision preventing pubs and clubs offering takeaway sales of alcohol. Sales of takeaway beers and ciders are now allowed – provided that they are ordered in advance either by phone or on-line and that the premises are not entered to pick up your order.
The following are the venues we are aware off that are offering takeaways and delivery services during lockdown. Please check back regularly, as its likely to change on a daily basis. If you know of a venue we haven’t listed, please let us know and we’ll update the listing.
- The Bayshill – Coffee Shop open 7:30am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 4pm Sunday. Pre ordered alcohol can be taken away.
- The Bottle of Sauce – Click and collect service and delivery service, via Deliveroo available Wednesday – Saturday 5pm to 8pm https://dodopubs.com/locations/the-bottle-of-sauce/
- Kemble Brewery Inn – Hot food takeaway menu on Saturday evenings. Wye Valley Brewery Mini kegs available for collection / delivery. Text orders to 07908560981. See Facebook for full details.
- The Railway – Authentic Thai street food is available for home delivery and collection seven days a week. Customers are also able to order a range of drinks from the pub, all served in sealed containers. Order via website.
The Rotunda – Selling all draft products, lager, cider, ales and Guinness. All served by the litre in sealed containers.This will be available between 1pm and 5 pm. You must order in advance via Phone 01242 522994, Text 07753 958115/07761 070726 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Royal, Chalton Kings – Takeaway Wednesday to Saturday evenings and Sunday lunchtime. https://royalpub.co.uk/whats-on/royal-takeaway/
- Sandford Park Alehouse – Click and collect service available. See website https://sandfordpark.touchtakeaway.net/menu
- The Shutters – Open for takeaway for collection only on Sundays 12 till 6pm, Wednesdays 4.30pm till 7.30pm and Fridays 4.30pm. Order via The Shutters app or website version at http://Shuttersinn.samtouch2go.com
- The Swan – Indian food is available for home delivery and collection seven days a week. Customers are also able to order a range of drinks from the pub, all served in sealed containers. Order via website.
- The Vine – Thai food is available for home delivery and collection seven days a week. Customers are also able to order a range of drinks from the pub, all served in sealed containers. Order via website.
- Cheltenham Motor Club – Will be providing a takeaway service for ales & cider every evening during lockdown from 5:00pm until 7:30pm. Please pre-order on 07394 094470 or 01242 522590 during these hours. Please bring a sealed container.
Breweries / Other
- Cotswold Lion Brewery. Collection and delivery service. Phone 01242 870164 or see their website for details.
- DEYA – Taproom selling cans to take away on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 7pm .
- Off licences are included in the government’s list of essential shops that are allowed to remain open.
- Favourite Beers – Open Thursday 11am – 4pm, Friday and Saturday 11am – 6pm
- Bath Road Beers – Open as normal
- The Beer Agent – Offering beer boxes for home delivery in the Cheltenham area. Order online or call Tony on 07810 553350